How to roast coffee beans in the oven is not a difficult thing to do. Instead, this activity can be your fun moment at home. The roasting technique is not much different from other methods. However, there are a few different things you should pay attention to.
Well, in this review we will discuss some information about how to make roasted coffee beans in the oven. So, let’s see it down below!
Advantages and Disadvantages of Roasting Coffee Beans in the Oven
There are several advantages that you will feel if you roast coffee beans in the oven, including:
- Can produce coffee in larger quantities.
- There is no need to stir frequently, only occasionally because the surface of the baking sheet in the oven is flat. So that, all coffee beans have the same heat content.
- The results of roasting coffee beans are also quite beautiful, just like the results of a special coffee roaster.
But, there are some disadvantages of this method, such as taking a long time, difficulty to get the perfect results, and becoming less smoky. However, roasting your own coffee beans will produce its own satisfaction.
The Best Method of Roasting Coffee Beans in the Oven
Here we present the best methods about how to roast coffee beans in the oven, including:
- First, preheat the oven to 500⁰F. This temperature can change depending on the type of coffee beans and the type of oven. Well, if you are looking for coffee beans, we are from Nusagro also provides various types of the best quality coffee beans. You can contact our contact listed for reservations and further information.
- The coffee beans are placed on a baking sheet with only 1 layer, do not accumulate. We recommend using a baking sheet with holes or lining the pan with parchment paper for best results.
- Place the baking sheet in the center of the oven, so that the heat obtained remains consistent.
- Listen for cracks in the first 5-7 minutes, shake the pan so it doesn’t burn.
- Listen for a second crack, then take it out of the oven after 1 minute.
- Strain the husks from the coffee beans that have been removed.
- Leave the coffee beans in the open space for 12 hours so that CO2 can be released.
Perfecting Your Roast with This Trick
There are several tricks to reach perfect maturity. Among others are:
- Light roast, is between the first crack and the second crack with a light brown color.
- Medium roast occurs at the beginning of the second crack with a shiny dark brown color.
- Dark roast occurs after the second crack with a shiny dark brown color.
- Burning condition occurs if the baking time exceeds the limit. Usually, there is a burning smell and billowing smoke. The color of the coffee beans becomes dark black.
In addition, to be able to achieve the perfect results, you need to practice several times to use it and be consistent. Usually, the maximum time for roasting coffee beans is only 15 minutes. And now, how to roast coffee beans in an oven be an easy method, right?
So, what are you waiting for, try to make your best version of coffee?
If you want to search other agriproduct informations, Nusagro is the best options. Check now!