Moringa is not a new miracle plant—the wonderous herb has been around for centuries and is widely used in traditional medicine. Originated in India, moringa is now grown in several other Asian countries. So, how did moringa get the name miracle plant? Let’s learn the benefits moringa brings and what moringa powder recipes can you try at home.
Benefits of Moringa Powder
Not every plant is gifted the nickname superfood. Moringa earns the title as the plant is packed with numerous health benefits. Its appearance may look no different than the other herbal plants, but make no mistakes because such an ordinary-looking plant contains such important nutrients to one’s body.
Moringa is rich in vitamins and minerals, containing various antioxidants and proteins. The drumstick plant has all nine of the essential amino acids that are very much needed by one’s body. The leaves of this miracle plant are a source of vitamin A, C, E, K, B2, and B6, as well as calcium, fiber, magnesium, and zinc. That is why consuming any of the moringa powder recipes listed down below will grant you a healthier body.
Listing all benefits of moringa in precise detail will take pages, so only a brief overview of the moringa benefits will be discussed here. Moringa is used in traditional medicine as a means to cure stomach problems, such as heartburn, constipation, bloating, and indigestions. Moringa is also used to cure inflammation and boost one’s immune system. Moringa is also believed to help with hair growth, skin conditions, and even sexual performance.
Moringa Powder Recipes for Beverages
Who says drinking herbal products must be a bitter experience? Listed below are moringa powder recipes for beverages that are guaranteed to taste delicious and healthy.
Moringa Mint Iced Tea
Drinking tea does not have to be boring. Upgrade your tea recipe with moringa so that you get more taste and benefits to your tea routine.
- 1 cup of water
- 5-7 ice cubes
- 2 tsp of moringa powder
- ¼ cup of fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of honey (or any sweetener of your preference)
- ¼ tsp of rock salt
- Step1: Add water and mint leaves to a blender and process until the mint leaves are completely crushed. Strain the mint water.
- Step2: Add lemon juice, moringa powder, rock salt, and honey to the mint water. Blend thoroughly for a few seconds.
- Step3: Serve the mint tea in a tall glass and add ice cubes. For an upset stomach, you can always leave out the ice cubes and enjoy the hot moringa mint tea.
Even the somewhat bitter moringa is perfect for a bowl of smoothie in the morning. This is one of many moringa powder recipes that is great to maintain one’s health as well as weight.
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tsp of moringa powder
- Step1: Pour milk into a blender and add the frozen banana as well as the moringa powder. Blend until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Step2: Taste the smoothie—add more moringa powder if you like it, or if the taste of moringa is too overwhelming, you can add another banana or berries to create a more flavorful smoothie.
Some of us love to enjoy a good cup of coffee without the adrenaline rush it entitles. Here enters moringa latte, the answer to these desires.
- 1 cup of milk (according to your preference)
- 1 tsp of maple syrup (or your preferred sweetener)
- 1 tsp of moringa powder
- Step1: Heat your milk in a pot over the stove. Or better, pour the milk into a milk frother if you have one.
- Step2: Add the moringa powder as well as the maple syrup to the heat-up milk.
- Step3: Stir the drink over low heat (or turn on the milk frother). Once it is done, serve the moringa latte into a mug and enjoy
Moringa White Hot Cocoa
Talking about an energy drink, you cannot miss hot cocoa. Yes, the recipe for moringa white hot cocoa exists and awaits us to try at home.
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk (or macadamia nut milk for an alternative)
- 2 ounces of white cacao butter
- 1 tbsp of moringa powder
- 2 tbsp of honey (or any sweetener)
- 1tsp of vanilla extract + salt
- Step1: Simmer the coconut milk in a saucepan and remove it from heat once done.
- Step2: Whisk all the rest of the ingredients together until the cacao butter is completely dissolved.
- Step3: Serve in a cup and enjoy immediately while hot.
Moringa Coconut Ice Cream
Who doesn’t love ice cream? Rather than buying it from the store, let’s try making it at home with the miracle herb that is moringa powder.
- 1 cup of milk ( the nut or seed milk is preferred)
- 1 ½ tbsp cashew nut butter
- 1 cup of coconut cream
- ½ tbsp of moringa powder
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 tsp of vanilla paste
- Step1: Blend all ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender. Taste it to know if it is already to your liking.
- Step2: Pour the mixture into a container or lined bowl and store it in the freezer. Once firm, pour it again into the processor and blend it until it is slightly soft and whipped in texture. This should only take about a few seconds.
- Step3: Serve in a bowl and add your preferred toppings such as grated chocolate or cereals.
Where to Buy Moringa Powder?
Any moringa powder recipes will be delicious as long as you use only the best quality products. To get the premium moringa powder, the wisest choice is by buying it online from an Asian supplier where the plant grows in maximum conditions. Nusagro, as the number one supplier originating in Indonesia, offers a great deal in which you get high-quality moringa powder at a competitive price. Visit Nusagro official website to order your moringa powder now and try each of the above recipes.