Moringa is popular for being the miracle tree that helps aid many health issues with minimum side effects. If this is your first time hearing this herbal, you are in for a treat as there seems no limit to what moringa can cure.
What is Moringa?
Moringa oleifera is a herbal plant that originated in India and has been used for centuries in traditional medicine. Containing many health properties and very few known side effects, moringa is used to treat various health problems even in Western countries today.
Although native to India, moringa is also grown in most parts of Asia and Africa. Getting your hand on this herbal is now easier than ever but it is advisable to stick with Asian suppliers as they are known for their quality products in traditional medicine. They know the best way to grow and handle useful parts of moringa so that you will get only the best products of the miracle tree.
Moringa is named the miracle tree as it contains numerous healthy compounds, such as vitamin A, vitamin C, all kinds of vitamin B, calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium, folate, phosphorus, and zinc. This type of drumstick is also very low in fats, containing no bad cholesterol. Packed with these nutrients, it is no wonder that moringa is growing more popular in Western culture.
What Moringa Can Cure?
What moringa can cure will be listed down below and although there are many of them, it is wise to always ask professional advice before taking any products of moringa, especially if you are taking any medications since the substances found in moringa may interact with your medications.
- It treats the tired blood. Moringa is known to help people with anemia and even sickle cell disease as it helps your body in absorbing more iron. This increases your red blood cell count, making you feel more energized and not sluggish.
- It maintains blood pressure. Besides being useful for blood cell count, moringa is also helpful for keeping your blood pressure checked. The isothiocyanate and niaziminin contained in the drumstick tree are known to stop arteries from thickening, thus preventing high blood pressure.
- It cures diabetes. Still, in blood-related diseases, moringa helps to lower the amount of glucose found in the blood. The drumstick tree may also reduce the amount of sugar and protein found in the urine, meaning improved hemoglobin levels.
- It helps calm the stomach. Moringa is popular to cure stomachache. The antibiotic properties of moringa may treat constipation, gastritis, and ulcers. The antibacterial properties may prevent the growth of some pathogens that induce stomach disorders. The high level of vitamin B contained in moringa may also improve digestion.
- It improves eye health. Moringa has a high level of antioxidants, thus helping to improve overall eye health. The herbal may prevent the capillary membranes from thickening and may stop the retinal vessels from dilating.
- It fights off bacterial diseases. With the antibacterial properties packed in moringa, it is no wonder the herbal may help prevent infections caused by notorious bacteria such as Salmonella, E. Coli, and Rhizopus.
- It treats asthma. Moringa is shown to improve the overall health of one’s lungs. The properties contained in the plant may lower the severity of asthma attacks and help prevent bronchial constrictions.
- It improves bone health. Moringa is full of calcium and phosphorus, minerals that are essential for one’s bone. Moringa extracts also have anti-inflammatory properties, meaning taking them may help with arthritis and fractures.
- It treats the liver. Moringa, especially moringa oil, is known to help in reducing fibrosis and liver damage. Thanks to the high level of antioxidants found in moringa, the plant may help with liver detoxication and improve its overall health.
- It helps stabilize mood swings. What moringa can cure is not limited to apparent diseases—it may also help to better your mood. Moringa is believed to aid with fatigue, anxiety, and depression, thus improving one’s mental health.
Can Moringa Help with Sexual Performance?
What moringa can cure is more than your overall health. Good sexual performance is not only important in relationships but it is also an indication of one’s sexual health. Studies have shown that taking moringa can result in better sexual performance as one’s sexual health improves, especially in men.
Moringa, especially the seeds and leaves, is packed with glucosinolates that are known for anti-cancer properties. The sulfur-containing compound may help inhibit the cancer cells in the prostate from growing. Furthermore, moringa is believed to slow down the growth of benign prostate hyperplasia that is commonly found in aged men.
Polyphenols found in the moringa leaves are known to enhance blood flow, which is suggested to be helpful in case of erectile dysfunctions. The antioxidants found in the plant may help prevent damage to sperm DNA, as well as help improve the overall health of semen.
Overall, moringa leaves seem to provide benefits with only low risks for men who struggle with sexual health or performance. However, it is advised to speak to your healthcare provider before taking any moringa products, especially if you are on any prescribed medications.
Other Uses of Moringa
Moringa can be used for other purposes as well, adding to its effectiveness. Moringa oil derived from the seeds can be used in beauty treatment, such as used for skincare and hair care products. Moringa oil can also be mixed in perfume and even lubricant. Moringa powder is often used in food and beverage to enhance flavor. However, it is known to be dangerous to consume products made of moringa roots and barks as they contain toxic substances.
What moringa can cure seem to be limitless, hence the name of the miracle tree. If you are interested in trying this herbal, try buying it online from a trustworthy Asian supplier like Nusagro. This way, you will get only the best quality moringa products fresh from the farm, harvested by the locals, handled, and shipped by professionals.